The model 614 is an electrometer with 10⁻¹⁴ A sensitivity,
and an input current less than 60fA at 23°C. Voltage
sensitivity is 10µV to 20V with an input impedance of
greater than 50TΩ. Resistance sensitivity of the Model 614
is from 1q to 2x10¹¹Ω using the constant current technique.
Charge sensitivity (nC) is from 10fC to 20nC.
The model 614 includes the following features:
• 4 1/2-digit display with appropriate decimal point.
• 2V Analog Output - The 2V Analog Output provides an analog
signal with a scale of 2V for Full Range at the display. The
output impedance is 10kΩ. The signal is inverted for the
Volts and Resistance functions.
• Preamp Output, that can be used as a guard in the Volts
and Resistance functions, and as an inverting output in the
Current and Charge functions. The output impedance is 10kΩ.
This output can be used for monitoring the input signal in
applications requiring a buffer amplifier, and can also be
used with external feedback.
• Current Suppress, which is available in the Current mode,
allows correction for input offset currents on any given
range. Does not affect accuracy or drift,
• Each Range has the following:
1. Automatic polarity operation, minus sign displayed, plus
2. Effective input overload protection.
3. Overrange indication (flashing 0000).
4. Decimal point positioned by range push button.
• Battery pack standard. Complete portability. Full charge
is maintained when the model 614 is plugged in. Batteries at
full charge will provide 10 hours of operation.
• Line power can also be used. Switch over from battery
power to line power is automatic.
• Volts Zero sets "zero" on the 2V range and need not be
readjusted on the other ranges.