|Bird Electronic Corporation 3128 Other|
Bird Electronic Corporation
PURPOSE AND FUNCTION The Bird WATTCHER® RF monitor is a continuous service equipment designed for the protection and performance observation of radio frequency transmission systems. The Control and Alarm System operates with high reliability electromechanical components working on simple dc and low voltage ac circuits without the use of vacuum tubes or high impedance balanced circuitry. It is designed for use on RF power levels from 1 Watt to 250 kilowatt, and a frequency range from 0.45 to 2400 MHz. In use, a two-element THRULINE® line section will be required. The THRU LI NE® RF line section will depend upon the type of coaxial transmission line being used in the system. Two plug-in elements are selected to cover the power levels and frequency ranges used. The function of the element is to detect (sense) the forward or reflected RF power in the line section at any give time. The direction in which the "arrow", on the Element cap, is oriented indicates the direction in which it is sensing the RF power flow in the system. The dc outputs of these detectors are fed respectively to the two panel meters, which indicate directly the forward and the reverse RF energies (incident or reflected power). The reflected power meter has a relay contact incorporated into it, and if the set level is reached, visual and audible alarms will function; and when so wired, external warning devices and Transmitter disabling controls can be activated. The monitor is provided with a selector that can be set for operation in one of the two modes as described below. 1.2 MODEL DIFFERENCES The Model 3126 RF Power Monitor/Alarm is identical to the Model 3127 except the Model 3126 has a forward meter with a 15/30/60 kilowatt scale (P/N 2150-090). The reflected meter has a 1.5/3.0/6.0 kilowatt scale (P/N 2150-091).
These manuals are available for the above equipment:
|Bird Electronic Corporation -- 3128 -- Service and User Manual|
|Manual Type:||Service and User Manual|
|Size:||2.87 Mbytes (3005415 Bytes)|
|Date:||01 January 1994|
|Quality:||Scanned document, all readable.|
|Upload date:||27 August 2017|
|Downloads:||596 since 27 August 2017|
Safety Precautions ... s i INTRODUCTION 1.1 Purpose and Function ... 1-1 1.2 Model Differences ... 1-1 1.3 Performance Characteristics ... . . . ... ... 1-1 1.4 Unit Specifications . ... 1-2 II INSTALLATION 2.1 Mounting ... 2-1 2.2 Connections ... 2-1 2.3 Selector Switch ... 2-1 2.4 Adjustments ... 2-1 III THEORY OF OPERATION 3.1 General ... 3-1 IV OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS 4.1 Preparation ... 4-1 4.2 Alarm Action ... 4-1 4.3 Performance Check ... 4-1 V MAINTENANCE 5.1 General ... 5-1 5.2 Cleaning ... 5-1 5.3 Pilot Indicator Circuit ... 5-1 5.4 Chassis Access ... 5-1 5.5 DC Control Circuitry ... 5-1 5.6 Microammeters ... 5-2 VI REPLACEMENT PARTS LIST
|Start Free Download|
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from further commenting.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.