This manual contains maintenance procedures for service personnel only. It is divided
into the following chapters:
1. General Information contains a general description of the printer and the
maintenance approach used to repair it. Special tools and test equipment are listed
in this chapter, as well as general environmental and safety instructions.
2. Diagnostic Information contains an error indicator table, symptom tables, and
service checks used to isolate failing field replaceable units (FRUs).
3. Diagnostic Aids contains tests and checks used to locate or repeat symptoms of
4. Repair Information provides instructions for making printer adjustments and
removing and installing FRUs.
5. Connector Locations uses illustrations to identify the connector locations and test
points on the printer.
6. Preventive Maintenance contains the lubrication specifications and
recommendations to prevent problems.
7. Parts Catalog contains illustrations and part numbers for individual FRUs.