The Philips recorders PM 8041, PM 8131 and PM 8141 are
multirange X-Y recorders, suitable
for a wide variety of applications where the relationship of
two variables y = f (x) has to be recorded.
The STANDARD A4 version PM 8041 is a low-cost recorder for
routine applications with a multirange unit with calibrated
sensitivities from 2 mV/cm to 1 V/cm; variable adjustment
provides over-lapping between ranges and zero positioning
over the complete recording area.
The MULTIPURPOSE A4 version PM 8141 and the SINGLE PEN A3
version PM 8131 are recorders for applications in research,
development and education. Both of these recorders extend
the flexibility by offering a multi-range unit with 14
calibrated sensitivities from 0,05 mV/cm to 1 V/cm and a
separate zero suppression switch; which allows calibrated
zero suppression up to
Common features for the above mentioned types are:
- strong but lightweight frame casting which facilitates
simple rack mounting
- low temperature drift
- high sensitivity and accuracy
- high pen acceleration and writing speed
- electrostatic chart hold down
- simple and accurate chart alignment
- mechanical and electronic overload protection for the
- disposable nylon pen cartridges for reliable writing
- roll chart of 15 m recording length for the A4 recorders,
which is perforated to an A4 format for easy tear off.
- high rejection of interference signals
- zero positioning over the complete recording area
- remote control facility for pen lift and for the time base
functions start and reset.
On all recorders the automatic time-base module PM 9884 can
be easily inserted. The time function can be switched to
either X or Y axis. Five sweep speeds are selectable from
0,5 to 10 s/cm.
The sweep can be interrupted by means of a reset switch
Note: This operation manual should be studied carefully in
order to obtain optimum utilisation of the recorder facilities.