This manual is divided into the following chapters:
• “General Information” contains a general description of the
printer, options, and the maintenance approach used to repair it.
General environmental and safety instructions as well as
special tools and test equipment are listed in this chapter.
• “Diagnostic Information” contains a service error code table,
user status message table, user error message table, symptom
table, and service checks used to isolate failing field replaceable
• “Diagnostic Aids” contains tests and checks used to locate or
repeat symptoms of printer problems. Printer operation
information is provided to enhance the tests and checks.
• “Repair Information” provides instructions for making printer
adjustments and removing and installing FRUs.
• “Connector Locations” uses illustrations to identify the major
components and test points on the printer.
• “Preventive Maintenance” contains safety inspection guidelines,
lubrication specifications, and maintenance information to
prevent problems and maintain performance.
• “Parts Catalog” contains illustrations and part numbers for